40 weeks, contractions and back pain. Need advise..

My due date is in 2 days, Monday June 27th. Ever since Wednesday I have been having contractions every day, i get really crampy, my belly gets hard, and my back hurts something fierce. Sometimes they are on a pattern for hours but then they will slow down weaken and be very random and irregular. My back pain will get very bad, but sometimes its just annoying and uncomfortable, due to my back pain during contractions my doctor said that I will have back labor. Sometimes with my back pain my belly doesnt get all that hard if it even gets hard at all, are those still contractions? And for the past hourish my I have had a few contractions with being crampy and feeling a lot of pressure in my lower front area where his head is(his head is very low) but my back is continuing to hurt and the back pain is actually making me so unconfortable that I could probably cry and it is making me short of breath. What do you think I should do? I have already lost my mucus plug, my baby has dropped and is really low, his head is very low and he is constantly shoving it "down there", and my belly sometimes gets rock rock hard. Should I ignore it and just wait it out, or should I call my doctors and go to the hospital? I am always having contractions, they just dont always stay constant so I am not sure what to do right now.

Oh yeah,and I have had zero appetite today. I ate not one thing today until 10:30 tonight, which was a sub, and that wasnt even because I was hungry, I made myself eat because I felt bad for not feeding my baby all day :/

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 12:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• CALL YOUR OB/GYN YOU ARE IN LABOR.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 12:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• But its just annoying pain in my back, my belly isnt getting hard all the time or anything, so I wasnt sure if it was labor or not because i don't want to go to the hospital and have it be a false alarm :/
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 1:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Better a false alarm then having your baby in your bathroom or in the car ride in b/c you waited to long.
    Just CALL and check with your OB/midwife!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:07 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• wait 2 more hours, if it stays the same you're not in labor and if it gets worse you are
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 1:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I know this sounds lame, but I dont want to waste the gas to the hospital because we are very low on money and I dont want to waste it incase we need it for when I really do go into labor if it is false. Im sorry I know I sound annoying, I am just stubborn and have had so many false alarms already..
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 1:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• The back pain has been getting worse. Its in my very lower back, sometimes creeping into my hips and front a little, and up my back. But again, my stomach doesnt get hard all the time.
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Sometimes the worst pains are him shoving his head down in there while my back is hurting, like what happened just now.
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 1:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• well do the first thing. Lay On ur left side...and drink like 2 or 3glasses of water...clear ur bladder out. Fun thing with BACK LABOR is its nothing like what u think its gnna be. More than likely u are in EARLY LABOR which can last a while. And CALL AN AMBULANCE if u dont have enough gas and dont know or w/e. Or call someone u know hun that can take u...i wouldnt play around tho!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 1:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• to relief some of the pressure from off the back go to the doggy style position (as gross as it sounds).. it'll help move the baby off your back and into a better position. I had back labor and this helped a lot.

as far as the contractions.. if they are less than 3-5 minutes apart, you can check in.. if it goes on for another day, I'd still call your doctor and discuss your constant contractions.. it could be signs of complications.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:36 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• You need to go to a doctor. That sounds like back labor to me. I had it with my first and my belly never got hard.
    mamato2gagirls

Answer by mamato2gagirls at 9:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2011