Rant rant rant

Yes I've always paid my utlity bills never had anything dossconnected lived here sense 2005
Why the hell did they disconnect our water? Really!

Car died 818 worth. Thank goodness for family. But thinking what if I couldn't pay that. No car, no work, no income. Really!

Car insurance company added my daughter has a driver. When I called month ago they told me to let them know when she got her actual license. I have not called them! What the hell, she does not have her license yet. I've had this policy sense 1996, when they re wrote it they mispelled my last name, a common name like Jones. Really!

Got a letter to renew a septic contract, its addressed to me and Tommy. Who the hell is Tommy? I've lived her alone, just me and my kids sense 2005, now there is a Tommy. Really?

And I looked up getting food stamps or some sorta help. I make $139 to much per month. Really!

And the wonderful state of Texas, still says they can't find my ex to pay child support. I don't understand, why they can't find him. Really!

Okay, thank you and yes, I feel better
Have a nice evening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• wow, your year sounds like the year I had my daughter.. first a drunk driver totaled my car when I was 8 months pregnant (thankfully we were both fine, the baby and me I mean).. then when I bought a new car with the insurance money from another dealer I found out 3 months later it was a stolen vehicle, thus not legally mine. I had just gone back to work after having my daughter at that point, so was again without a job because I didn't have a car, my now ex decided to try to drive HIS car into the lake (ended up totalling it instead on a parking bench), and was in the hospital for a week, so thus lost his job.. and I ended up 25k in debt after all that was set and done..

now however I did finally win my case in court and won ownership of the car, and did find a new job, and currently trying to pay off most of that debt, and as stated above, him and I are no longer together.. things get better.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• OMG! You poor thing! Remember bad things happen in 3's. Your done there, Ex will eventually be found and he'll pay his dues! Hang in there mama and vent to us all you like, it's ok. Sometimes having a sounding board helps! Anon, stuff it!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 2:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Calm down. Shit happens....and yes it sucks. One thing at a time, call each one and get it handled. If you know its paid, it would be their mistake. No tommy, okay call the damn company and get it solved. Ranting is great...and yeah the food stamp thing sucks sometimes, but it is what it is and not much we can do about that. Food banks and things like that, churches have days they give food out for people. Do a little more research other than the food stamps. Where there is a will there is a way.
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 2:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• OMG..so sorry mama..I totally understand the food stamp thing..I tried to get them too and they told me I made too much money too..if I made that much money I wouldn't be applying for food stamps..I also understand the child support thing..the state of new york can't find my ex either to make him pay child support so I don't get any either..stay strong mama!
    devsmom98

Answer by devsmom98 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Feel better now? I hope so. HUGS.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 12:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I'm so sorry you are having such a difficult time! If you just wanted to rant, and not get any advice, then don't read any more. I hear you! My daughter's in a similar place - no child support, lousy service from utility companies, etc. So maybe you might try:
    How can you cut your expenses? Do you rent? Can you find cheaper rent? Can you buy an FHA home? My daughter did this a month ago, and her mortgage is half of what her rent was. She's now paying $340 / month for a 3 bdrm small home. Can you rent out a bedroom to someone, or share a larger apartment with a friend and her child and split the rent? Can you stock up on groceries using coupons, or shop only the sales at warehouse stores? Can you stock up on clothes, furniture and more at garage sales? How can you make more money? Can you sell something online? Can you make something and sell at craft fairs? Can you write? There are online magazines that pay (not much) .
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 1:04 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• "Go tell him, get your ass home and help me with the kids! I'm tired too! Call it a night and quite being so damn selfish! A man will only get away with what you let him. "

anon, if it's her ex, WHY would she want to bring him back home??? men like that are ex's for a reason!
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:43 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I'm just sick of people not doing their jobs.
    Oh, the utility people - get your accounting straight. I have to leave work early to go get copies of this and that, to prove I paid my bill.
    Septic company, who's paid the contract every year!
    Car insurance, they told me to call them, I will! They think, oh well send a bill and make more money.
    Just tired of calling company's 1-800 help number to be told, oh you have to go to your local place.. who has time for all that running around & why do they have 1-800's if they can't help you.
    Just want people to do their jobs and stop being so sloppy.
    I expected to do my job and live pay check to pay check but big company's can just do a half ass jobs
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Go tell him, get your ass home and help me with the kids! I'm tired too! Call it a night and quite being so damn selfish! A man will only get away with what you let him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2011