What was your reaction when you got your first period? What did you feel?

I was so upset.... I wasn't ready for it and it came on so unexpectedly. I was embarassed and ashamed for some reason. For the first 4 months of me having it I cried. My friends on the other hand were so proud of theirs. lol

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 2:02 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I was so glad because then my mom and older sis would quit bugging me about it. It's not like I could have done anything to make it come, but they were very annoying about it. When I did get it, I told them they had to shut up about it now. I've never really had bad cramps or anything, so I was like "What's the big deal?" That just made them madder because they got really bad cramps. he he he. karma baby.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I was embarrassed too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I was kind of embarrassed, but mainly grossed out! I think I was 13? Can't really remember. I know that several of my friends had already started before me, and they seemed proud, too! Strange...
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 2:07 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I was so embarrassed and upset cause i didn't want to have to deal with it. I had just turned 12 I don't know at the time I just couldn't deal with it. I still don't like dealing with it! LOL
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 2:11 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i was 12 and i hated it i just wasnt ready and embarrassed i was stuck with pads for the longest time cause i didnt know how to use tampons.... my mom didnt for-warn be about any thing so had to learn stuff from my cousin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I was effing proud, I thought I was queen shit cause I entered woanhood, boy was I am idiot, on the brighter side my first period lasted 8 days my normal cycle now and for the past 8 years has been 2 -3 days max
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:18 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I couldn't WAIT! Boy was that DUMB
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 2:21 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I was 10 and I hated it, I remember I was wearing pink shorts and a little mermaid blouse and I was at my grandmas that weekend, I went to the restroom and saw some blood, I freaked out and called my other grandma and went to my ouse and told my mom she was all proud of me but I felt like shit:( I didnt want anybody else to know because I still wanted to feel like a kid like my cousins but then my other grandma made a lie up that i had left my used pad on top of the sink which it wasnt even true but she just said it so everyone can know that she knows that i got it already:(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I remember feeling *relieved*, but not so much because of getting my period. Getting my period was totally eclipsed by getting my first full blown migraine the day before. I was SO sick and had no idea what was wrong with me! Then I started my period and the migraine got better. My mom told me that she had migraines with her periods when she was younger too and I just felt so relieved that I wasn't dying from a brain tumor or something! lol It barely registered that I'd started my period. I don't remember thinking much about it at all. My mom had showed me how to put on a pad a long time before that and had bought me this big box of supplies, so I just put on a pad and went to school. It didn't really dawn on me until a few weeks later that I might have to deal with migraines EVERY time I had my period! That sucked!
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 2:58 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• haha i was 14 when i got it..and i didnt even clue in to what it was for like 3 days..i remember i woke up one saturday morning and there was blood in my panties..and i thought it was because i ate to many ketchup chips friday night that "red" stuff just started coming outta me..lol..sounds stupid..but holy crap i was sooooo confused!!!!!!!! it eventually clued in that i started my period...and then i was so happy!!!!!!!! and then a few months later i hated it, because it made playing sports so uncomfortable!! :(
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:58 AM on Dec. 14, 2008