Predominatly (sp) for African American women....can you help and take a survey

I am doing a research paper on natural hair..... here is the link (may need to copy and paste) Click here to take survey

It's less than 3 minutes....all answer are confidential....these are just some simple yes or no questions.

Thank you

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 1:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• okay a few things.. first.. you should note that this survey is for wiry hair types.. not all people that are black, have course wiry hair, infact one daughter of mine has fine wiry hair, while the other has medium, thick smooth curls. (naturally)..
    and there are plenty of other nationalities that have some women that have wiry hair as well.

otherwise, you should revise some of them to include a "not applicable" check box.. or include questions for other hair types.

natural hair includes all hair that isn't chemically treated.. from naturally straight blondes, to course wiry black or dark brown hair.

as for discrimination.. I'm a cosmetologist, so if you want to be more specific about things you can inbox me... I'm a little lost by what you mean discrimination.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:13 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I did have some but changed it...I changed the title as well because my target audience is African American women and their expereince. I love all of God's creatures but I am focusing on this particular group. I posted this survey in the natural hair group I belong to but thought to post here to get more response. :)
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 2:40 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I took the survey; ignored the questions that didn't apply to me. I did the big chop back in Jan 2010 and so far no major regrets. I thought it would be easier since I didn't have to worry about chemicals or going somewhere to get it done every couple weeks. But those problems have been replaced by what do I do with it because it is incredibly long, thick, and nappy now. I have it in little braids but I have to do those over almost every week because of new growth. It was much easier to maintain when I first got it cut because I would just wash it, rub in kinky kurly, brush and go. Now I have no idea what to do with it. I will also join your group too, hopefully get some ideas.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Thank you keisha613 for helping me out. ANd yes in the beginning the hair is easy but once that hair starts to grow boy oh boy. I have learned that we have to unlearn all the things we once knew about out hair. I don't like to think out hair is "nappy"...we have very beautiful hair. When you applied a perm to your hair you never really had to deal to much with your hair so it seemed easier now you do have to take time and figure out what works best for your hair. I'm way better at it than when I started. I can see my curl patteren comming in and I am soooo excited to see it grow longer and fuller :) I can't wait to whip my curls back and forth *in my willow smith voice* lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• weave city and creamy crack addictions. lol.
    Anonymous