How can I get my nails to grow?

I have horrible nails. I've always struggled to get my nils to grow. They always peel in layers on my nail bed...or one nail will grow and the rest won't. They're also flimsy..how can I get them to grow??..and have strong nails? I just want them to grow to the end of my fingers, and I'm nor sure how to achieve that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• An overall healthy diet, and also to not bite or chew at them. Use a basic hand moisturizer like sorbolene cream. Drink lots of water and take care of yourself. Get plenty of exercise and fresh air and at least 7 or 8 hours of sleep a night. Your hair will also be thicker and shinier if your healthy, just generally.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:36 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• prenatal vitamins?
    BrandiM189

Answer by BrandiM189 at 1:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Just like Brandi said, prenatal vitamins. They have every thing you need for healthy hair and nails. You can buy them in the vitamin section at your local store or pharmacy.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• there is a hair-nail-skin vitamin at the drugstores that work very well. The is also a green tea nail growth treatment and strengthner sold at the drug stores in the nail section. - it's by Nutra Nail. hope this helps.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 2:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• vitamin A or fish oil pills
    jenni_j

Answer by jenni_j at 2:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I would talk to your doctor.. your nail condition is due to an under lying health condition... at the very least it's because of a poor diet..

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Prenatal vitamins and be sure to get lots of protein in your diet. Also try Nailtique - it's like a clear nail polish and its treats your nails with extra protein and actually works quite well for most women.
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 1:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2011