How to you balance motherhood with being a good wife?

I have a son and a marine husband and lately I've been having a difficult time relating to my husband like I used to. Its like romance is completely gone and I'm usually way too tired to do the things I used to (like clean or make dinner.) He thinks its unfair because he works all day- almost ten hours. I agree with him that he works hard but I'm not exactly sitting on my hands either taken care of our son.

How do we see eye to eye and get back that "loving feeling"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Well motherhood and being a wife are in no way contradictory roles. Being a good mother IS being a good wife. That's your job, like he has his. The cleaning and cooking are other chores that the two of you share responsibility for, and he needs to understand that he needs to romance you if he wants you to find the time and energy for real intimacy. Being a Mom, especially a new Mom, is very hard work. You should cook and clean when your baby is taken care of and when you've had a chance to rest and recharge - if there's any time left.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Hubby came first and will be there after kids grow up and move out... HUBBY COMES FIRST

In our home we realize the foundation, which is my husband and I, are what the kids will build off of later in life. How do we get along? Are we willing to drop what we are doing to help the other? Respect/honesty/love for each other? We don't neglect our kids... but we are the foundation
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2011