What's the best way to turn down "unsolicited parenting advice" when you live with them?

My DS and I are relocating back to my hometown and will be staying with my aunt (that raised me) until I get settled in my new job and find a new place. She has a very controlling personality and loves to put her two-cents in for EVERYTHING. Especially when my parenting is put into question. I'm a new mom and am trying to build my confidence as a mother. How do I curb the unwanted critiques?

LemonLimeyify

Asked by LemonLimeyify at 1:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I let my mom says what she feels she needs to say, but then I do what I think is best. Just because they have been mothers for longer doesn't mean they are always right. You know your child better than anyone.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:55 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• get out as soon as you can
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:13 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• stop letting them bother you and they will disappear
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 1:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... and nod your head, and walk away... remain polite, and do things YOUR way... or grin and bare it until back on your own?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2011