What "sayings" don't make sense to you??

"...from every corner of the earth"

I was watching Michael Jackson speak and he said thank you from every corner of the earth.
I scratched my head for a second LOL obviously I get what he's saying but it's just funny to me because we all know that the earth is round. Anyway what have you heard or said that makes you go huh??

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 1:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Sleep like a baby!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:43 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• its just whatever
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 1:43 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• "the best nights rest is right before the baby is born"

I swear whoever said or wrote that was either a moron or a guy! Both pregnancies I had.. I can tell you, that time was definitely NOT the best nights sleep i've ever had... getting up to go pee every 1-2 hours.. not to mention the added trying to "roll" yourself out of bed...and waddle to try to get to the bathroom only to pee a trickle at a time.. oh and the constant tossing and turning to find that JUST right position to go back to sleep in after each time of getting out of bed and laying back down...!!
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Nobody doesn't like sara lee. I hate that slogan, lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• It is what it is,
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• keep your nose to the grindstone

First of all, OW! Second, that sounds more like something someone would do to you against your will, not how you show you're working hard. Bleeding all over the place would necessitate a lot of break time.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:15 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• You just let the cat out of the bag-why would you put a cat in a bag in the first place?
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 3:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• "I could care less!" because that's not how it goes! it's "I couldn't care less!"

If you could care less that means you still care some. I couldn't care less means you don't care at all.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 4:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• "same difference" but people say it all the time.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 8:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• "Blacker than the Ace of Spades." Ok so that card is the most important out of the deck in the game "Spades" and they do use a very dark ink in most decks, but why use that a reference point to the state of someone's soul? I mean the spades referred to the farmers, the diamonds to the merchants, the hearts to the priesthood and the clubs to monarchy. Why not as red as a bleeding heart?
    I just don't understand 13th century French culture....
    elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 9:38 AM on Jun. 26, 2011