After birth

Ok so i am 29weeks pregnant...and YES im already thinking about losing weight...i was on that track before i got pregnant...but was HALTED because of Bloodpressure. SO.....what is the best to do after birth(of course only when im released by doctor to do so) I do have the "postpartum" band to help "squish my belly" lol. But I would like to know what is best...i am SEVERELY overweight (BASED ON MY BMI)...but as my doctor says he doenst were I hide it which makes me feel better. I am 5'4 and 234lbs. I know HORRIBLE...but i had let myself go after i had my son 4YEARS AGO!!!! But I want help not critizizm if thats what u want to give...give it to someone else. K thanks yall!!

msmamakatie

Asked by msmamakatie at 2:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• idk. after you deliver you should lose a significant amount of weight.. i was 217 when i delivered and lost down to 197 but wasnt careful and now im up to 220 :/ and am 5'5 ugh.. if you find a good answer let me know! lol good luck
    carrientravisj1

Answer by carrientravisj1 at 2:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• ya i agree with above.. once you give birth the first 2 or 3 weeks it will slowly decrease but after your uterus heals youll be able to start working the rest of the weight off. but mostly it will come off itself. i only gained 20 pounds with my last pregnancy but then gained 15 afterward due to depression because we lost the baby..i worked out day after day and nothing..i started the body by vi challenge and im down 20 pounds already..i do 50 situps a day and 50 squats and 10 minutes of punching a day and im doing great. but with my 2nd baby i did the hip hop abs and loved it..it helped shape but not really get the pounds off. i was 28 pounds overweight for my body type so im doing well still not in the normal range yet but i will be soon..my ideal weight is 100 and im 110 now.. Good luck momma and congrats on the coming arrival :)
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 6:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Breastfeeding helps :)
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 7:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• First, make sure you don't gain too much while you're pregnant, or you'll have more to lose later. No more than 15 lbs for your weight. You can start walking within weeks after birth (no 20 milers, but you can take the baby in the stroller or go with DH or a friend for 20 minutes or so and build up from there). If you plan to breastfeed, that helps some women (I personally had a voracious appetite and gained 30 lbs, but breastfeeding was VERY important to me). Don't go below 1600 calories a day while breastfeeding, 1200 a day if you're not. I'm eating clean, and I've lost 65 of the 100+ lbs I need to lose. I would highly recommend it. It's safe during pregnancy as well. Eating is a huge component of losing weight- eat throughout the day in small amounts to keep your energy and metabolism up. Don't eliminate food groups, but get rid of processed foods, refined carbs and most saturated fats.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2011