Does anybody know where I could get some help to give my children a Christmas.

I can't afford Christmas for my children this year. And I feel bad that my children won't have a Christmas.

Ann_King

Asked by Ann_King at 2:14 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Holidays

• How old are they... and were do u live.... message me and ill try to help you out
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 2:17 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Most communities have church groups or other social service groups to help those in need. Start with your local social services department, then go on to the United Way. These agencies know the best and safest places to get help.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• There is a cafe moms group for that.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 5:24 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Have you checked out the local churches? I know around here a majority of the churches adopt a family for Christmas. How old are your children? Mine are older (teens) and I let them that for Christmas this year they are getting my love, that is about it. There were times when they were younger I couldn't afford Christmas gifts. During those years I would get a game or activity of some sorts and we spent the day together playing games or whatever it is they wanted to do with me.
    mrsjames

Answer by mrsjames at 7:45 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Toys for tots
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:25 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• theyre still so young...well maybe not your 3yr old that you can get away with out presents. thats what we have to do this year...no presents...hell i cant even cook a christmas dinner bc i cant afford anything.
    so im right there with you! no xmas this year!
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Hmmm.....
    Well first call your local churches, Call your DHS DEPT, they usually can point you toward somthing,

toys for tots , old news boys, salvation army often helps as well,
    Hope you give your children a xmas,
    i can understand if their newborn, but when their of age of where they play they need somthing,

You should do the same shannon,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 12:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2008