Am i too protective?

Ok so i have a four month old little girl, she's my first baby and I hate leaving her with anyone other than... well myself.. my kin always wanna take her to their homes and stuff like that.. i dont wanna hurt their feelins but i just dont like bein away from her.. i havent been away from her but one time since she was born and thts bc i had to go to the dr for my 6 wk checkup... am i too overprotective or what?

carrientravisj1

Asked by carrientravisj1 at 2:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• im a 1st time mom too and was the same like you, if you dont feel comfortable then dont let her stay however, you must loosin up the reigns at some point, just state your concerns very strongly before leaving your baby and you may call and check up on them quite often as i did with my parents, overall you have to just let go and ask, know & trust that God will protect your baby while u are not.
    mamaslearning

Answer by mamaslearning at 2:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• the only person i have ever left her with is my fiance and my dad which neither will change her and will feed her til she gets sick if she cries.. i tell them time and again what to do and not to do but i think its just easier if i take her along with me .. lol
    carrientravisj1

Comment by carrientravisj1 (original poster) at 2:29 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Are you overprotective? You will leave her with two people that won't change her or feed her, but won't let her go with other family members that would probably take care of her? No, you're not overprotective. I think you should be more protective.

When I had my first child, he stayed with no one. He went everywhere with me, including my 6 week check up. I didn't even let anyone hold him until after he was a year old. That's over protective. And I learned. By the time I had the next one, I let everyone hold them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• They're men and are scared to change a little girl thts why i stay gone no longer than a few minutes..
    carrientravisj1

Comment by carrientravisj1 (original poster) at 2:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• If in a few minutes they are feeding her until she gets sick, I wouldn't leave her at all. I don't know how you feed a baby that much in a few minutes?!

I also think you should leave her with your kin to get your toe looked at. If they are willing to take her and your toe hurts that bad, I would take the offer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I was the same way, I left my daughter with my MIL for the first time when she was about 18mths or so and I was beside myself, she is now 4 and she only ever goes with immediate family and thats it
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• she likes to eat alot and they dont understand tht when she cries its not always food she needs.. this is my fiances first child mind you and my dad hasnt been around a baby in 20 yrs so thanks for the rudeness of your comment.. and yeh princes s21 i understand.. i def wont let her go to daycare or anything so idk what im gonna do when i start workin.. but i wanna wait til she's atleast a yr old for tht.. my fiance wnts me to b stay at home til she starts school tho..
    carrientravisj1

Comment by carrientravisj1 (original poster) at 3:38 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Think about all the people who have offered to sit and really analyze who would be trust worthy and change her when needed, etc. Have them come to your house if you want someone to watch her. Take your time and think it over. There will be times you need to count on someone else but give it the thought it deserves. GL
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I don't think you are too protective. A four month old baby? I can't imagine asking/offering to take someone's (a relative's) young baby to my place! Wanting to see her, definitely. Going to visit, having them over, definitely. Being willing to babysit as needed, sure. But frequently asking/offering to take her? That wouldn't occur to me.

And it would have seemed strange or irrelevant if it had happened when my baby girl was tiny. I can't imagine that I would have agreed, or felt like I needed to agree (and I think it would have been strange to be put in that position. People were happy to see us, but nobody was eager/asking to take her away FROM us.) The closest we got to that was my brother & his wife letting us know they'd be happy to stay with her while we went out for some ice cream or something, when we were ALL on a trip to Florida visiting my mom, staying together at her house. And she was an older baby, & asleep.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 11:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2011