AbRoller

I suspect I know the answer to this already, but worth a shot to ask anyway. Has anyone actually bought one and found it useful? The commercials tempt me because I'm prone to straining my neck when I do crunches. At the same time, it seems (from the commercials) that it would be way too easy to cheat with one, and do all the work with your shoulders instead of your abs. DH is interested in the new one they've been advertising with the option to add weights to it. I could see a point to that, IF it doesn't make it easier to "cheat" instead of using the muscles you're supposed to. Any feedback (good or bad)?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I bought one at a resale shop and if u can manage to actually do it the right way, it does burn the abs. I'm 26, and in decent shape and find it difficult to do. I can roll out but coming back in properly or without falling is really hard. They make it look a lot easier on tv.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 3:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Google Ab roller consumer reviews and read up! Sometimes things are legit (like P90x & insanity) and other times just garbage. I always search on things like that that I might buy!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I tried one and thought it was ok
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 4:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I have had 2.. so bad for u.. we use to own a gym.. and u are better off doing crunches or going to the park with ur kids!!! good luck.
    SOPHIASMOM

Answer by SOPHIASMOM at 10:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I've tried them before, and never really been a fan. They're kind of limiting, and not worth the money.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:19 AM on Jun. 27, 2011