Have you ever had a placental abruption? Is there hope?

Hello, My name is Michelle and im 17 weeks with my very first pregnancy. I didnt know I was pregnant until I went to the ER at 8 weeks and found out that I had a subchorionic hemorage. Well, 9 weeks went by with out any issues and just the other day I was back to the ER and spent my first overnight in a hospital. I had a large gush of blood with a quarter sized blood clot and continues bleeding for several hours but did stop in the middle of the night. Now I am still bleeding old blood. The ultrasound showed a lot of movement and a strong heartbeat but the doctors haven't gave me one sign of hope. I was told it could go either way and its just a waiting game. I am making myself miserable by looking up every slice on infortmation I can about PA. All I find for reasons are high blood pressure, drinking, smoking, and cocain use. I haven't had any alcohol or smoked and never done cocain in my life, my blood pressure has always been normal. Im so scared and becoming obssessed with the topic. Im waiting until Monday for my follow up but cant seem to sleep or stay calm. I just ordered a heartbeat monitor online and I know im going to drive myself crazy checking every chance I get. Someone please offer me any advice or kind words. Im lost, and feel disconnected from my baby like I shouldnt get attached. I just want to be happy again, ive lost my glow. please

babylove812

Asked by babylove812 at 2:44 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• my friend yep , and her daughter she's 1 yr old now and healthy lile thing , she's adorable .. you have to keep lay on all day and dont' move ...and some ppl who take care of you during this moment

GOOD LUCK !!
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 2:57 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I suggest stop doing research on the topic. You are going to worry your self more..I don't know much about the topic therefore im unsure of how things can/ will turn out. I pray everything goes well and you have your baby full term. Im sorry you are experiencing this :( maybe there are some cafe mamas that can help.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 3:04 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• A friend of mine had one, her son is going to be three in August. She was like you - didn't smoke, didn't drink, and I would seriously be surprised if there was cocaine use! Her's occurred a little later on, she was about 8 months. She ended up delivering her baby one month premature, but he was strong and healthy and he's a little smarty pants too.

Stay positive, and try to find a way to relax yourself a bit. I understand completely the need to research like mad - I do the same thing - but try to find so peace of mind for yourself too. You need rest and relaxation for your baby too.

Good luck.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• My mother told me with my first pregnancy to NOT read anything while you are pregnant because you will just look at all the bad stuff. She was right. You aren't ever given ALL of the information you need about everything and it only makes you worry more. The longer the pregnancy continues, they better off for the baby. They just had a baby come home from the hospital (can't remember the country) that was born at 20 weeks. Stop looking into the statistics. Mine was added into statistics because I smoke. She was a preemie, but her cord was tied in a knot. It would not have mattered what I did or didn't do, it's rare and happens. Hang in there, I will keep you in my prayers.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 26, 2011