Internet connections

I know of several people who met online. How do you feel about meeting someone online?

dmr73059

Asked by dmr73059 at 2:58 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I met my DH online and after 10 years he continues to meet women online. If I had it to do again, I wouldn't do it. A lot of people have things written that just aren't true about themselves.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• i met my hubby online
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Im too afraid to but my best friend met her husband on myspace about 4 yrs ago..
    carrientravisj1

Answer by carrientravisj1 at 3:13 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I met my DD's dad online, and it didn't work out at all! I actually found out the hard way that he is a pedophile. Everything seemed good while we were chatting online, but as soon as we met I started to see the "real" him..anyway, I tell people to be VERY careful with online dating.
    purpleangel_70

Answer by purpleangel_70 at 3:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I've met my last few relationships online. Actually my SO I met on Match.com and it was a great experience. We kept a phone thing going for a few weeks till I was ready. Definately the best guy I have ever known and I remember thinking on the phone "if this guy is everything I think he is he's perfct for me" He had custody of their kids and when we moved in with each other a few people said things. However, for the most part no one seemed to care where we met.. They could see how happy I was.
    I think as long as you take it slow and take time to get to know each other. Honestly if you date a coworker, after hours he could be an animal, you just don't know. I think if you're cautious and don't take risks it will work out fine. Just don't break the rules like make an exception early on......get to know them first.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 4:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2011