My idea

I have a great idea. I have made a couple. I don't have any money to patient it. I believe this product would 'take off'. Should i present this idea to a possible buyer? Or should i worry that my idea might get stolen?

dmr73059

Asked by dmr73059 at 4:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• This is a suggestion that lawyers specialized on patents might give: Write down your idea and be as much specific as possible. Take it to be notarized. You should have two motorized documents one for your records and one that you would have to send on the mail. The one you are sending on the mail is to confirm the date you came up with the idea. The only way to do this is by putting the notarized document in a self-a dressed envelope and once you get it back you have confirmation of a date.
    Then you can apply to patent your idea and obtain a patent number/registration.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 4:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• How do you know if your idea has already been brought up and patented by others. That's the reason you need to patented first, to make sure not others had already came up with your idea.
    Cont...
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 4:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Present it to a possible investor, someone who has the resources to back you. Then patent it .
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 4:20 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• *notarized
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 5:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• go and see a lawer abt that ,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Find a patent lawyer and ask if he/she gives a first time free consultation and get advice. Good luck!!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:29 AM on Jun. 26, 2011