wanting to know

how easy is it to get pregnant after a misscarrige

Autumn634

Asked by Autumn634 at 2:21 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Its just as easy as before if not easier, usually after a miscarage like having a baby it is easier, my sister got pregnat 3 months after having a miscarage.... but she didnt have sex for a month and half after cause it hurt she said... so it took her about a month to get pregnat again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• It is as easy as it was before... BUT... you are suppose to wait at least 1 year after a miscarriage. So your body has time to heal. I think it was the day before yesterday when a woman on here was asking whats wrong with her. She had 5miscarriages in the last 1.5 years. but thats exactly why, because she didnt give her body and especially her uterus some time to heal. its a torture for a body to have so many miscarriages. Someday she will never be able to get pregnangt again if it keeps going like that.

But i understand the pain and the feelings you have after miscarriage very well. Its hard and its a terrible loss. But it doesnt help neither you nor the unborn baby when you TTC so fast after a miscarriage.

of course some women have really good luck and everything is fine when they get pregnant again so fast... but most women have another mc
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:40 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I am now 35 weeks pregnant & I got pregnant just 5 months after having a miscarriage. I did alot of reading on this after I miscarried. Most of what I found says that you should wait at least 3 menstrual cycles before trying to conceive again to give your body time to heal. But your chances of getting pregnant after a miscarriage are just good as before you had one.
    SLG627

Answer by SLG627 at 4:37 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i didn't have a misscarriage but my son was born at 19 weeks on 7/31/08 and i am now 8wks pregnant today. same with my friend, she had a misscarriage in may and then got pregnant the next month. So I think it is easier to get pregnant after having a misscarriage or in my case an early birth. As for waiting a year that's not true. My midwives knew I wanted to have another baby right away (since I've lost the last 2). The midwives were all very happy for me and said my baby and I are very healthy.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 4:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2008