My husband told me he could do better!

I am so pissed. I want a divorce! Help me.

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 7:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow! I am so sorry. I would be so pissed off too. I don't really know what to tell you on this but i know i wouldn't put up with being treated like that. Did he say that because you guys were fighting? or was he just being a jerk? I would've told him that i could do so much better then him.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:15 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• After telling him,"I could, too!", I'd throw him out. Next, I'd contact a professional counselor, therapist, psychologist and start getting help to deal with all my emotions. Divorce is not an easy thing, neither is trying to change someone's behavior. At the same time, I would contact a public agency or a private one (if it's affordable) for legal advice. I'd "take care of business" to protect myself and my assets, and children (mine are grown, however). Once I've done these things I'd clue him in on what he needs to do if we choose to stay together and work things out (for example, get himself counseling, get counseling together, etc.) If he refuses to agree with my terms, I'd definitely send him packing. Let him see if the grass is greener on the other side. We're women and we're worth it! Good luck!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Ya, we got in a fight. He went to the bar, stayed late (2:40) talking to a female friend of his (who is a slutbag). I was pissed. I picked him up because he was walking home and he was cold. I was mad that he was hanging out with her alone because I would never ever do that. (not anymore-I'll play by his rules). So he refused to talk to me. I was SO mad about that he always shuts me down and refuses to talk. He could have just said sorry! But no, he says he didn't do anything wrong and that I'm just being irrational, therefore he is innocent of course. He has turned into one of these guys who has to get drunk every weekend, he knows how I feel, I hate it and I didn't marry an alcoholic because I don't want to be with one. I do want out of this marriage unless he can change but why would he when he thinks he is perfect? Would you be mad about this?
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 7:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I would be beyond pissed! re evaluate this relationship and decide what is best for you.

Answer by older at 7:55 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I would laugh and tell him to go try then go clean out the bank account, hire a lawyer, file for divorce and custody and change the locks.

Answer by gemgem at 8:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• HE think that he can do better?
    sounds more like you KNOW that you can do better

maybe a little separation would do you both good
    maybe he would see that he can not 'do better'
    and maybe you would never look back

sorry, some men are just complete 100% losers

!!!!you deserve better!!!
    maybe write down what you deserve, basic things from a partner=respect, nn drunk every weekend, kind words etc etc=you may just see that you are better off without him (does not mean you need to replace right away-just that you do not desserve to be treated this way-i bet you would advise a friend of this if she came to you and said what you said to us
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Yeah...I would be leaving and telling him that you didnt want to hold him back from "doing better"
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I would just tell him to 'go and do better than'.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 8:45 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Wow, what an ass! At least you know who he's with and where he's at, my ex lied. He's obviously thinking of cheating on you, I'm not sure I'd want to stick around for it. He was drunk and you guys got into it, if he's different sober I'd try to get him to see your point. Towards the end of my marriage my ex would tell me how ugly and fat I was. BTW, I was neither. I got to hear this during my pregnancy. I thought once I had the baby he wouldn't be so mean anymore, but instead he just stated slipping out the door while I was too busy to care. I finally left him and my fat ugly self has never had a problem finding a date! My life is a million times better without him. I have an amazing boyfriend who is gorgeous! I lost the baby weight and my ex's friends check me out when I go to his house to pick up DD, haha! Talk to a lawyer, talk to your S/O. Do what's best for you and your kiddos, seems your the only one that will.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 9:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I would be totally pissed. I would have kicked his drunk ass out. I was married to an asshole like that who thought he would do better so I left. He married some hoe-bag from his high-school and they got divorced. Go do what you gotta do!!!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2011