Why are some moms proud to have a promiscuous teenager as a son?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Personally, I'm more proud that my sons are and have waited.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• It's for girls too. Read a lot of the answers and you'll see that women are more than happy to want to put their teenage girls on the pill. If you are putting them on the pill most likely they are having sex. Since long term relationships aren't very long in a teenagers life, they may end up with 3 or 4 partners by the end of high school. What gets me is they think it's ok to have sex, but if there is a pregnancy involved they fly off the handle. They don't seem to understand that's the results of sex, even with strict use of birth control.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Puke. My mama had 10 kids, 7 of them boys...and promiscuity from ANY of us was unacceptable. One of my sisters had a baby at 18, but the rest of us waited until we were in our 20s, and the difference it made in our lives is tremendous. Those few years matter so much that I can't see supporting my children being sexually active at all as teens, let alone promiscuous about it!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• :( yuck. When their paying child support until he's 18, they wont!! I have 3 boys and sports are way more important than girls.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 8:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• That would have never made me proud, but it would have made dad proud!

Answer by older at 8:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• It's boys and girls as PP said. They think they are being the cool friend mom. When there is a pregnancy or your kid gets some STD or AIDS that they can't get rid of then what? Why would you even want to think about your kid having all these partners? Ver sad!
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:25 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I can't imagine any moms that would be happy with a promiscuous teen, however if a teen is in a committed long term relationship I wouldn't consider that to be promiscuous. I think there is a big difference between accepting a teen being sexually active as opposed to enouraging or being proud.
    JanetR74

Answer by JanetR74 at 9:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Just because a parent puts a daughter on birth control or give their sons condoms doesn't mean they are promoting sex or proud of their kids for promiscuity. It is making sure that IF the teens are having sex, that they are protected. I would rather give my teen condoms than him come home and tell me he has an STD, or his girlfriend is pregnant.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2011