First super coupon trip

Were broke. That is just how it is. My husbands in that weird tax bracket ya know where he brings home less than he makes, substantially. My mil is an extreme couponer lol has been for years. She brings me coupons but I am so unorganized and I forget what Im doing. Anyway I decided after a bday party (big mistake had two kids with me) to try it.

I spent around $100 and when the coupons came off it was only $51. I know not as good as the TV shows but some of our stores have restrictions on coupons soooooo. I think I did good. Has anyone started doing this?

Asked by gemgem at 8:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• I've started doing the same. 50% is my best so far too. I always make a list of what I need, match with store sales and then find the coupons to pair with, that way I'm not wasting money on things we don't really need.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 11:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• That's great!
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 8:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Sounds good to me- that's 1/2 price!!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• That is great. I cut coupons but I forget to use them.....lol i need to start remembering
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 9:29 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I think the trouble a lot of people get into is buying things they have a coupon for versus things they need. If you got $100 in things you will use for $51...that is amazing and will definitely help your family out. I'm sure your MIL has given you a lot of tips about matching coupons to store sales, etc, but that helps a lot as well!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• It does and I only buy what theyll eat or what I think they might. Basically everything I had a coupon for gave me the items for free or for around 50 cents, so I was able to use more for meat. The bulk of that $51 was meat.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 8:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I just can't get into couponing. I do shop sales and stores like Aldi's and Save-a-lot. That's great that your bill was cut in half!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I usually dont either but tried it this time and will be doing it again for sure.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 8:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• thats great just dont get caught up paying things you dont need just because theres a coupon for it
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• LOL My kids will eat anything so it doesnt matter what I buy itll get used quickly.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 9:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2011