Facial hair on a woman?

What would cause a woman to grow a lot of facial hair (chin, under the chin and cheeks) could a doctor give something so it stops?

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Health

• I have PCOS. It's one of the symptoms. But blood levels will seem normal. It's something they did before to rule out any other diagnosis. It means you are lacking estrogen. It never goes away. I wax, and that's about it! I'm gonna try that vaniqa cream they have out though.

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Go have your hormone levels checked.. Not sure off the top of my head but I think it is too much testosterone.. Yes, women have a small amount but too much can cause that or not enough of feminine hormones..

Sorry if any words are not spelled right LOL.. just got home from a 12 hour shift LOL...

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:33 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Usually hormones are out of whack

Answer by gemgem at 8:36 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• The only two things that cause hair growth are hormones and increased blood supply to the area (like when there is friction or an injury), so unless you have injured the area, it sounds like hormones.

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:38 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• i know that there is some pills (hormonal pills ) that could help on it , u could just use laser for remoing the hair facial

Answer by caramelH at 8:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Sometimes it is genetic to have more or less facial hair.

Answer by Bmat at 9:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Genetics,hormone levels, meds, PCOS.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Most women have some type of facial hair and there are actually quite a lot that have more then a little. It is pretty normal. I am not sure if a doctor could give them anything. I know some people do bleaching and other things.

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• oh i wish this was something that my body by vi shake would remedy! I have had this issue since I got pregnant with my son... who is now 13! It is annoying and quite embarrassing! :( My hair stylist was telling me that she had the same problem, but just with her eyebrows. She went to a laser hair removal place and for her eyebrows they quoted her $75, so I can't see it being much more than that for the chin, and/or various other place. I have yet to check it out, but it is something I am SERIOUSLY considering!

Answer by mama2three717 at 4:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2011