Extreme couponing not allowed??

So all of the stores in my area have restrictions on the amount of coupons you can use, only 5 coupons can be doubled upto $5.
Is it like this other places or do they let you use as many coupons as you want??? Just wondering how people get to save all that $$$$??

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Shopping

• Wow... it's fraud. I just posted a post like this yesterday. Check out this post by the CIC: Coupon Information Committee.  Seems what they show on that show vs. what really goes on, is very different.  There is a local lady here in town that was on show four.  She even said it was set up to look like this is how it works, when in fact, the show was given a lot of room to play.  It's not real.  Most stores do have restrictions and the law is now getting involved in coupon fraud. 

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Yeah alot have restrictions. The trick is to go with more than one person or find a cashier willing to allow you to to different transactions. For instance Harris Teeter you can only use 20 coupons per visit. If I bring my husband we can use 40 coupons and have 2 transactions. You also have to have 2 seperate VIC cards. At Bi-lo its the same. You have to go to the stores website and check on their coupon policy.

Answer by gemgem at 9:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• if you watch those shows closely they have to do many transaction to get that great a savings
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:45 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Wow, they let you double up! No store in my area allows you to double up, but none of them have their own in store coupons either. WalMart doesn't restrict the number of coupons you can use, but you can't use more than 1 for 1 product.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 9:46 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Every store has a coupon policy.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• All you have to do is leave the store then come back in.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2011