Does anyone live in a Govenors House? How do you like it

A Governors house is a modular house built by prison inmates and funded by the government. They are made according to the states weather conditions, which makes it a energy efficent house, They are for low income families

Anyways, we have looked at these homes and are considering buying these homes. My husband really thinks this is a good deal, because everything is brand new. But I still need some convincing and time to think about it.

I would like to know what are you thoughts on these houses

BoasGal

Asked by BoasGal at 8:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Around here they aren't that cheap. They auction the house with a starting bid of $42,000. Then you have to have the land to put it on, the utility connections, and you have to pay to have it moved. It all adds up to not being that much different from a regular new house.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:22 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Here that is different, Rural development takes care of that, these are smaller houses, the are only 2, 016 ft , including the basement, I guess it is only South Dakota. So other states don't have this kind of housing.
    BoasGal

Comment by BoasGal (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Jun. 27, 2011