Rain on the 4th of july..dd's bday

Ever since I began planning my daughters birthday I had a feeling it would rain on that day. I have bad luck with everyything so I expected it) well today when I look at the forecast we are suppose to have scattered thunderstorm that day and rain at night. Does anyone think that it can possibly change frrom now until next monday? since its so far out right now?

I want to change the bday to saturday... I really dont want to becauuse her bday is on the 4th. But I worry if I do change it some people will not get the proper notification..I sent cards to her school with my contact info and none but 2 parents contacted me via req on the card. I know some other parents told me they were coming in passing and would call me but they never did so I feel as though those parents will not know of the date change.

I also dont wnat to change it because who knows it might not actually rain on the 4th (wishful thinking) any advice?
I really need it... we are having a bbq pool party and rain is NOT what we want. If it was indoors I wouldnt mind the rain at all but its outside and we have no place for an indoor party.

im so sad right now...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have a DD with a 4th of July birthday also. To be honest, I had more people show when it wasn't the 4th when I had the party. She will be 25 this year. Seems like something happens every year. Last year we were going to spend the day with her friend on the beach. Instead, my dog (who's birthday is also July 4th) went into labor and gave birth, yes, on the 4th. I have a DD who's birthday is on December 22nd, I find it much easier to do her party earlier too because it is so close to Christmas. Happy Birthday to her!
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:46 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I wouldn't really count on it raining, it is an entire week away. Also if it's calling for scattered thunderstorms it might only rain for a half hour or hour, it probably won't rain all day. If it starts raining then you could go inside and open presents and go outside when it is done. I agree with attap5 though a lot of people go away or do family things for the fourth so I wouldn't expect a lot of people.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• the best advice I can give is if it's out doors, either put up some large tents..or some tarps..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:25 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Alot of people are actually coming.. All my family is coming and friends.. That is the 4th of july plan for our family and friends lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2011