7 days late on my period.......

Am 7 days late as u can c the month is ending so I only have a few more days to say id I missed for a month..... the thing is I was at the dollars store and out of curiosity bought a hpt for a dollars... I dropped 2 instead of four drops just to c. It was negative.... y IA my period late well this late.

abikhan

Asked by abikhan at 9:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• take a better quility of a test is my suggestion and if u didnt follow directions right then your more likely to get a flase neg...take another test mayb go to a clinic and get one there test are 100% and there could be something else wrong that is causeing u not to have a period..good luck
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• well first off, if you are 7 days late you didn't "skip" that month.. you are simply 7 days late. after 28 days you can say you missed your period.. (or next mid july).
    two.. you PEE on the stick, one or two drops isn't going to have enough to show pregnacy or not. you won't have enough of the hormone for it to read positive. it's best to test first thing in the morning.

if you are really concerned though, get a blood test.. not all the time can the urine tests pick up the amount of HPT in your system. so it could give out a reading of a false negative (however if it ever says positive, it is positive).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Those tests are accurate, and 2 drops could be enough, if it was enough to saturate the test. I would test again in a few days to a week, and if still neg, I'd go to the doctor because by then you'd be about 2 weeks late, and *I* would want to know if something was wrong. hazeldove, the dollar store tests you pee in a cup and use the dropper to drop urine onto the test. You can even use another dollar store test, they are fine, just use the right amount to be sure. I drop one drop, and wait for it to start to absorb before dropping the 2nd, same thing with 3 and 4. Wait a few seconds between drops that way it absorbs, and wait the amount of time specified on the box before reading results.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Thank u so much everyone . I am going take everyone's advice and let u know how it turned out
    abikhan

Comment by abikhan (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2011