Last Night Confession at the Movies.....

Last night we went to the movies. Usually at the theaters here, for a large BUCKET of popcorn with free refills is $7.00, highway robbery right? For my popcorn grubbing family we always get a large, refill it and take it home. So we went to a different theater in our town where you order your popcorn, food, drinks etc in the theater and they bring it to you. My husband ordered a large popcorn. When the movie started, the waitress brought a small size stainless steel bowl with popcorn in it. I said "There are free refills right?" She said "Oh no." We are talking $7.00 for this tiny bowl. I told my husband to take it back and get our $7.00 back and he was like "No, just watch the movie." So I told him "I'm taking the damn bowl with us." When the movie was over, I put the bowl in my purse and walked out. EVIL, right? Do you have a confession?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Entertainment

• That's funny! That'll show em! :p I dont have any stolen goods on me. (But I do sneak in my own snacks!) My stepmom has quite a collection of steak knives from a local restaurant tho! -lol
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• That is so funny! I would probably do the same thing. I don't really have any movie theatre confessions except I bring my big purse and fill it up with drinks and snacks and sneak them in. I almost always end up ordering the 7 dollar popcorn too though.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Wow 7 dollars I wish the movie theaters here were that cheap NYC a large popcorn with no refills and two drinks runs you 17.95 plus the movie ticket is 10.50
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• no free refills!!! ugh!!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 12:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Too Funny!!!!

I've never heard of a theater with a waitress!! CRAZY!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:36 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Yeah, they have menus with a ton of dinner food like steak, tacos etc. You sit in your theater seat that has a table in front of it, write down what you want and put it "up" so the waiter or waitress can see it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Alamo Draft House?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Okay, I probably would not have taken the bowl because in the end it will just drive the prices up even higher and because stainless steel is not microwaveable. II mean who wants a bowl that is not microwaveable?) I just would not return to that theater again and stick to your old and beloved theater where you get a free refill to take home.

Is it a nice bowl?
    superclutz

Answer by superclutz at 3:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2011