Think I'm pregnant but not quite sure? I know you aren't Dr.s just looking for suggestions.

In may I was on my bc and taking it where I should not have gotten a period. I had taken it the month before too and not had one. My Dr said I could do it that way and then take them so I get a period. Kind of like that seasonal bc. I started with a brown discharge and then after 3 days it turned into heavy bleeding. I did go to the dr the day after the brown discharge and he said it was old blood and did a pregnancy test to be sure cause I went back when the heavy bleeding started. I don't know the HCG level but he said I may have been pregnant just not far enough along. So I discontinued my bc and my husband and myself decided to try to see if we could get pregnant in a few months and if it happened we would be happy and if it didn't we would be sad and deal with it. I have never gotten a period this month and should be about 2 weeks late. I took a pregnancy test the day before fathers day to see so if I was it would be a great gift to my husband and it was negative. I was a little depressed. I took another pregnancy test on the 17th and the positive lines showed up but the one was really light so I decided to wait and take another one. My husband and I were up at 5 this morning and I had to go to the bathroom terribly and I thought I would use my last test and my first morning urine and the test came up again with the one line again and the other very faint for positive. So I had my husband come in the bathroom and he didn't know what for and I showed him and he said he could definately see both the lines. I wear glasses so Maybe they were brighter to him. He was smiling and all excited. With my first child I had no symptoms at all. I was on bc and went to planned parenthood to pick up my 3 months worth and my period had done kind of what happened last month so they did a test and I was pregnant. I never got sick my breast never hurt nothing. I only gained 28 lbs and was just a belly. With my son my breasts hurt so bad the day my period was due that I just knew I was pregnant and sure enough on Valentines day I was able to tell my husband I was pregnant and that pregnancy was way different. I kept going into labor early and having to get injections to stop it and I was throwing up and could not even eat meat at all. This time all I want to eat is potatoe saldad and steak. I have been really hungry and I am usually freezing all the time and I'm sleeping naked with a robe on. I'm very tired by after noon and just fall asleep for hours and get up through the night to go to the bathroom sometimes or I just cant sleep. I am also very horny. My husband has to ask me to give him a break...lol. I used a cheap walgreens pregnancy test and it says in the pamphlet that the lines could be very faint if you are pregnant. Should I make a doctors appointment for blood work and not tell my other two children that have been wanting me to have a baby until I know for definate sure? I really hope I am. This will be my last one and I'm hoping for a girl so my husband can have a biological girl of his own. He has helped me raise my daughter since she was 3 but he said he would still like a biological one too. What do you ladies think? Should I wait another week and take another test or just go to the dr? I'm new on here so please don't be irritated with me. I'm just excited and I'm afraid of being let down like what happened last month where they said they think I was but I was not far enough along for any hcg or however they explained it to me to be detected. Oh he said it was very low. He said so low that most people don't even know they are pregnant at that time. So what do You think?

Bridgets77

Asked by Bridgets77 at 9:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If there is a faint line I would say it's positive. Mine was light too. Just means uour probably very early along in tue pregnancy. Ibwas only 3 weeks pregnant when I took mine. Call the doctor set up an appt. They aren't going to see you until you are 7-8 weeks anyway. And just take a test again next week. I think for sure u are. Make the appt. Loom foward to hearing some offical news.
    luvmyboys11

Answer by luvmyboys11 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Sounds like you are pregnant. Even a faint positive is still a positive. Buy another test. Go to the dollar store and get a few. Hope it works out and you are!
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• A faint line is a positive line. The only way that could happen if you weren't pregnant was if you were taking the HCG hormone. Congratulations!
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• a positve is a positive! your perggers...if u still unsure go to plann partenthood and get a test they can tell ya for sure
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• any positive line, even faint means pregnant.. congrats :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:33 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Go to Dr. , you need to know right away if you are for sure so you can start caring for yourself as a pregnant woman. Sounds like you are. I would try a test without the LINES maybe too and see what happens. I think you are and your eyes and your mind are playing trickes on you with the lines. LOL.
    Good Luck !!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 2:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Congrats! Even a faint line is a line and it could just be that your HCG levels are not high which would indicate it is early in the pregnancy - with my second daughter the test I took at home was inconclusive and since it was early in the morning I called the hospital maternity clinic down the street to get in there that day, they did a urine test and at first the nurse goes "It's negative" which I felt mixed about because we weren't trying to get pregnant but I liked the idea of having another baby. 5 minutes later the nurse went into the room to throw out the test and comes back in and says "Oh sorry, it is positive - its just very faint".
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 2:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2011