Weirdest potty training experience? adult content

Okay, so my Dd turned two at the end of April. I bought her undies and a potty chair and a potty insert and tried to explain to sit on the potty. She instantly got that she wasn't supposed to poop in undies, but I could not get her to pee on the potty. Well, we went on vacation for a week and besides the few times she asked to sit on the potty, she was in diapers all week. So, when we got back I read about keeping a child naked from the waist down, to help them know when they need to pee. I've been found that at home, and she's only had one accident in three days! Although I do still put a diaper on her at nap and bed.

Now the problems I'm having is working this into our routine. The second day she was bare, she sat on the otty for an hour during her nap time, screaming that she needed to poop everytime I tried telling her it was nap time. I had to hide her potty chair and close the bathroom door to get her to sleep, and then put her diaper on after she was asleep. Then last night, she woke me up at 2am to tell me she needed to poop. She peed and I gave her an m&m (her reward). Then she sat for 30 min telling me she needed to poop.

When she got up finally and told me to put her diaper on, she started yelling at me halfway through saying she needed to poop. I told her it was bed time and I finished putting the diaper on. She didn't poop last night at all.. But oh my goodness she was convinced she needed to.

Are these problems with her bedtime routine common for children potty training? Or do I just have a weird child?

Flippindadaisie

Asked by Flippindadaisie at 9:55 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 3yr old, who is fully potty trained and has been for quite a while, says she needs to go potty too when she doesnt really need to too, its just her wanting to not go to bed, or do whatever you are telling her to at the time.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• resaon details
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2011