when u suppose to get your first ultrasound

Asked by mama2be08982 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had my first ultrasound @ 14 weeks

Answer by akt at 5:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I had my first ultrasoud @ 12wks, but that was because i was waiting for my insurance. I have a friend who had her first ultrasound @ 4wks.

Answer by Jackie0216 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Usually if only one is given it will be about 20 weeks. If deemed medically necessary the will do more than one at varying times. Examples would be twins or a problem seen in the first one.

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• i received one at 12 weeks only to check my dates. i wont have another until around 20 weeks.

Answer by mrsjcf at 7:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I always have a vaginal ultrasound the first time I go in b/c I've had a tubal before and they always check to see if the baby is in the tube I have left...

Answer by love_my_boys at 9:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• im not getting mine until im 18wks. thats like 2 more weeks. Hooray finally. I hope we will be able to see what we are having. Im excited.

I heard that the ultrasounds are something babies dont like. Because they are in fluid and well it shakes them up when you do an ultrasound.

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2008