is it possieble?

Is it possible if a home and a blood test comes out negative that i could still be pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The blood test is usually most accurate. Not likely you're pregnant but call your doc on Monday.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:08 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Yes, just depends on "how pregnant" you are. If it's too early, neither will pick it up. The tests the doctors use are just as effective as home tests (not more so). Try again in a week (agony, I know).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:27 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• If you got the blood test and it says no,than more than likely your not.
    Do not give up and keep trying.
    Best of luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Blood test will pick up a pregnancy like a week after fertilization. Urine will pick up after first missed period (give or take some test are more sensitive than others) There are cases where urine tests will not pick up the pregnancy till much later on. The blood test will pick up even trace amounts of hcg. To give an example I had a positive urine test on a Thursday, started bleeding on a Saturday, went to the drs Monday for a b-hcg quantitive  (gives number level) and had a .25 level and urine tests wont pick up until at least 25 so .25 is just a trace amount that was left over from that pregnancy that failed. By Wed it was .7 and that was how I know I clearly miscarried.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 14, 2008