Would you say something?

My in laws live 8 hours away so they come down as much as possible to visit us and my sil and her family. My sil lives an hour away so they spilt their time between our house or hers, but the time is NEVER spilt equally! They will be at our house first since it is closer, they will be here this evening until wednesday evening then they will go to my sil's. Then they will head back home from their place next Thursday. I don't get why my kids only get 3 days while their cousin's get a whole week! Plus my kids are still in school until Wednesday so they get barely anytime with their grandparents during those 3 days! My kids notice that their cousins get more time and ask my DH and I why all the time. Would you say something to your in laws or just let it go?

MommyWeston

Asked by MommyWeston at 10:45 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I personally would casually mention it and ask. I hate it when crap like that eats me up.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:57 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• You should be happy that they spend time with you at all. My ex in laws lived in the same town and never came to see DD.

Just let it be. One day when the kids are grown, the in-laws will want to spend time with the kids and the kids won't have time for them. It all comes around.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Id let it go.

Answer by gemgem at 10:46 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I think you're trying to make this a bigger issue than what it is. Don't say anything. Let it go.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Let it go...not to be rude, but maybe there is a reason they prefer to spend time with your SIL...do you really want to open that can of worms?
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• The first lesson in life that should be taught "Life isn't fair" and it isn't meant to be fair. It shouldn't be such a big deal. It's the time you spend together that counts, not how much of it is spent.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I don't think there is much you can say or do to change the situation. I think maybe if your dh tells them that the kids notice it might make them think twice. In the end its uP to them to make it right.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I'd just take the visits as they come. I'm happy for whatever company/whenever it arrives
    Cenedra64

Answer by Cenedra64 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• There are So Many grandparents that could careless about seeing their grand kids- i think your kids are pretty lucky that they are taking the time to drive 8 hours to come visit- i would Let it Go..

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:20 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Don't stir the pot...three days is more than some kids ever get.
    mrsbrittbishop

Answer by mrsbrittbishop at 11:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2011