How long before a trip do you start packing ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Travel

• The day before.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• usually i catch up on laundry so i have alot of options for clothes, then i pack the night before. and most toiletry things i have to pack the morning of bc we're still using that stuff lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• As soon as I know I am going to go. I usually buy new clothing for everyone so get those packed as soon as I get them. That way the things I want to take don't get worn. It also gives time for remembering those little things you end up at the grocery store buying.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I do laundry 2 days before, and actually put clothes into a suitcase the night before we leave.
    I also make a check list of everything we need and check it off as I go :)
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• The secret for me is taking time to prepare a list. If I think of everything I could possibly need and make my list I can pack the day before and it's perfect. Getting everything prepared to pack is the work, getting it all together with a list is easy.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 10:58 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Start prep (store trip, putting shampoo in travel bottles, etc) a few days before. Since I pack for 3 of the 5 in my family, usually the day before departure so that the morning of, I only have small things to throw in the suitcase (phone chargers, toothbrush, etc) Less stressful IMO. Plus, I never let my fiance pack; I ask him to lay out his close and I pack them- I am that anal retentive!! :)
    mish1153

Answer by mish1153 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• about a week
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 11:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• If you were packing for a month for a family of 6
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I have a travel bag in which I keep a set of toiletries used only for travel. The other stuff I pack the day before. I also have a check list to be sure everyone has all their essentials. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• 2 days befor ;) to feel relax and not tired for tripe and have enough time if i forget something ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2011