Does anyone use cloth napkins?

If you do, do you think using them saves you money or not? We just go through so many paper napkins it's ridiculous.

Also, if you have them, do you have a few you just constantly rewash or a large amount and do a load maybe once or twice a week?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I do it just so I don't use the paper stuff as much. My kids are older so they love the idea.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 11:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I use black cotton napkins because they tend to not show every little stain. We toss individual napkins in the laundry when they need it. Otherwise we keep them at our place setting or tuck them away in our linen drawer in the kitchen. It's a huge money and resource saver. It takes no extra effort and feels really classy.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I have a dozen cloth napkins, but we rarely use them. They are white, and have to be bleached clean. For me, it was too much hassle to keep them clean. Sometimes, for special meals, I'll bring them out; but most of the time we just use paper.

I do see your concern. If you find a way to make cloth work for everyday use, please share. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Mine are brown to match my brown and peach tablecloth and placemats. I agree mine look great and It just feels so much better! I have white ones with a tablecloth from my mom and Tide keeps them pretty good. I use them for holidays. I don't think it takes any extra effort at all.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 11:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• We currently do not use cloth napkins.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• We use table cloths and cloth napkins at our table. They are washed every 3 to 4 days. Or if there has been a big spill. No extra effort, I have several cloth sets that I rotate through and usually wash a couple of table cloths with napkins together. That's what my children have gotten used to. We only use paper when eating a pizza in the den while watching a movie.

We also almost never use white. That helps with the stains.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• We use them whenever we entertain guests. Otherwise we usually just use paper napkins.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 2:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I think paper napkins uses a lot of money and disposing them everytime is not so great for the enviroment. We always use cloth napkins at home unless is a party or something ,then we use paper.  I have like 10 different sets of napkins each set with about 5-6 napkins. I usally wash and rotate them about twice a week.

kate.hotmail

Answer by kate.hotmail at 6:01 AM on Sep. 18, 2011