Child psychologisit or not?

I have a 4 yr old ds that has peoblems focusing, acts out in public, aggressive behaviors at home and at school. He has problems transitioning from one thing to the next. He is constantly moving. He can't sit still. Do you think he should see someone to see if there is an udeelying issue. He haa been this way since he was 18 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Kids' Health

• its def owrth looking intoand talking to your doctor about
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 11:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Wow, this sounds like my son. When he was 4 we took him to a developmental pediatrician, That may be a good place to start, you can get a referral from your son's pediatrician. A child psychologist won't really be able to do much.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• It wouldn't hurt but you don't necessarily need a psychologist, you can look for a LCSW (licensed counseling social worker). They are able to counsel and are less expensive than a psychologist and can do the same things. My son seen both and I had better results with the LCSW.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Talk to your Pedi.
    Sounds like ADHD
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Cont from above. AFTER we took him to the developmental pediatrician, we tried a child psychologist. He actually told us, after about 4 sessions, that he didn't feel that he was doing much and suggested we go through an agency where we could get him a behavior specialist, TSS, and mobile therapy because Evan needed more intensive services. While we were waiting for the services, he saw an outpatient therapist who did play therapy with him.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:13 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• YES
    happymom353

Answer by happymom353 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I would talk to his pediatrician first.... I agree it sounds to me like ADHD.... there are a lot of things you could do for that too... GL!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 7:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2011