10 day forecast? How accurate :(

I posted a couple of hours ago about forecast showing scattered t-storm on the 4th of July.

Should I still plan the party or expect it to be rainy and cool.. showing high of 71 in MA!
Icant believe it!! I am still waiting for summer weather here.

I dont know what to do any we have already bought a lot of stuff and done alot of preparation and my dd is turning 4 on the 4th!!! and she is patiently waiting for this day...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Whats the rain chance? I don't know about your area but mine is ALWAYS wrong!! My 10 day forecast says thunderstorms every day and we are in a drought. Still no rain!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• 60%.. now it says rain and no longer scattered tstorms
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• 10 days is a long ways away, Keep planning.
    I m in Texas and were under a Drought and Burn Ban. So NO Fireworks for us at ALL. No even professionals. The town has canceled the firwork display weeks ago since about 2500 aceas north of us is burning.

Have fun and be Safe!
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Around here it's never accurate unless they're talking about tomorrow or the next day. I like to check the 10-day forecast anyway for fun but I never rely on it. Besides, even if it does rain that day, it could just be a quick shower overnight. A 60% of rain a week from now does not mean it is going to pour all day.
    Anonymous

• I never trust a weatherman or long term forecast I would check it a day or two ahead of time and go from there
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2011