Local vs. Organic

Of course, if everyone had the option and could afford it...most people would choose local organics when it comes to produce. However, if you had to choose one or the other, which would you choose? I've heard lots of debating over this, so I'm just interested in other's opinions.

I'll add my opinion in a comment later, I want to read others first :)

MamaPyratekk

Asked by MamaPyratekk at 5:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Where I live all of the local food IS organic- and if you go to a farm or a fresh market it is WAY cheaper than the grocery store! Try to do a local search in your area via the web- good luck!
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 11:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• i'd have to say organic. The only reason i say this is b/c im starting to go organic. It is just a better way of life i think. i would love to have local organic but for some places in the U.S. that is just not going to happen. I guess i will just have to make a garden myself! haha.
    chelseychae

Answer by chelseychae at 5:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I agree, organic. And I want to start a garden next year. I hope!
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I pick Local organic and DO buy it over store stuff gotten elswhere. Here is SC we are one of the few states that DONT have problems with tomato's.  I LOVE the farmer's market. not only are the prices better than the grocery store, the quality is 100% better than the stores.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I have to say organic, i get fresh and quality veggies and fruits from my local farmers market.It is also just healthier i think...No preservitives
    sweetwhite30

Answer by sweetwhite30 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2008