What does letdown mean?

I saw in the last post I answered where a mom said something about overactive letdown or something... What does that mean?

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 4:25 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Just for Fun

• overactive letdown - getting out of the shower and spraying the mirror that is 10 feet away from you.

overactive letdown - never wearing a clean shirt during the first 6 mos of your baby's life.

overactive letdown - your baby pulls away from the breast and has to gasp for air as you spray them in the face.
    Anonymous

• Overactive letdown is when the milk pours out of the breast very fast, rather than a bit more slowly. Baby winds up gulping to try to keep up, and often swallows too much air. The result...a lot of gas and a baby who gets hungry even more frequently than usual.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:27 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Oooh I think that's what's wrong with my son!! He'll be nursing and just scream out of nowhere! I thought it was cuz he wasn't getting enough but when I express some milk it comes flying out!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:36 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• LOL...leave it to the airhead to think this was a different kind of question.....ha ha ha ha ha......my blonde moment....i hope t makes others smile too....^_^......
    <-----can be an airhead at times & has lots of blonde moments...LOL
    poobear5

Answer by poobear5 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Letdown is when the baby starts sucking and a couple moments later your boob feels funny and that's when the most milk sprays out. That's also the best time to pump, like don't start pumping until you let down.

omg anon above me, I know what you mean about the choking baby while milk is spraying all over their face! Poor babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I have only had that experience once but regular let down can only be described as euphoric...it is a feeling that cannot be explained...but such a warm fuzzy feeling and such a great bonding experience with your baby.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 5:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• "I have only had that experience once but regular let down can only be described as euphoric...it is a feeling that cannot be explained...but such a warm fuzzy feeling and such a great bonding experience with your baby."

I never felt like that. My letdown felt like your foot feels when it falls asleep ... like my breast had fallen asleep. Then I'd fall into that prolactin coma for about an hour afterward.
    Anonymous