What kind of backpack does your DC want?

My DD wants a Vera Bradley backpack. That is the "in" backpack with the K students at her school... go figure. My DS wants a messenger style bag because that is what they wear in 2nd grade. I cool with the messenger bag, but I'm stuck on the $50 Bradley bag. lol Are your DC bugging you for a specific bag?

MOMof3_28

Asked by MOMof3_28 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• just ordered dd a red l.l.bean backpack , I had one growing up and it lasted till I graduated !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• My oldest dd had to have a messenger bag last year for grade 3. I thought it was going to be hard on her little shoulder but she made it through the whole year without complaint. My niece also got a messenger bag, but ended up giving it up within 2 months of school because her shoulder couldn't handle the weight of all of her books. Because my dd just got out of school for the summer on Thursday she has not yet even thought of new bookbags.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• My son isn't in school yet, but he wanted a Toy Story backpack. He loves it.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 12:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I bought a toad Nintendo back pack at Wal-Mart but it is designed for teens. My son needs to wear a loaded down pack for therapy purposes so it fits his needs. Since he is into Mario Cart he loves it. I would by an expensive messenger bag if I thought my child would care for it and use it for more than one year. Knowing how my child is so hard on his items I went to cheap-o Wally World. I hate that store but knew if his pack doesn't work out we can try again. We have several Nike and other sport packs for traveling on planes and we might use those later.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 1:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• No clue. They get whatever they can find at Target for under $25. My new kindergartener got her backpack when she did preschool at 3. It has iCarly on it. It's exactly what she wanted and we kept it up after she did the 1 year of preschool (she didn't do school at 4) so she would have it for kindergarten. I'm hoping it will last through 1st grade, too.
    My 3rd grader needs a new bag. Her last one was Wizards of Waverly Place. My oldest (going into 6th) needs a new bag, too. Her last one was pink camo. My son had a messenger bag the last 2 years and it's still in good shape. It's just plain black and we got it for like $15. We'll probably get him a new one, though. He's going into 4th grade.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Oh yeah I never thought about the weight of the books on his shoulder. Yeah I don't blame your kids for not caring about that right now. My kids have been out of school over a month, and I start buying their supplies in July. They are ready to go back to school, and so am I. lol
    MOMof3_28

Comment by MOMof3_28 (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I had the hot pink ll bean all during high school, and I used it my first year of college. Those are the best booksacks!
    MOMof3_28

Comment by MOMof3_28 (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Not yet. My granddaughter, who is 13, wants the Vera Bradley stuff, but that's a little different from kindergarten.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• A buzz light year one
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 1:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My son has a cute LLBean backpack.
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 9:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2011