Do you know if this is true? Video game downloads on your phone.

My dh says that when he downloads the free versions of some games (sports, cards, etc.) onto his cell phone he also gets advertisements of different sorts. And if he hits a certain key while playing it takes him to those sites. The advertisements I saw were things like dating sites, porno sites, bars. He says he did not visit those sites that they pop up sometimes when he is playing. Can that be true. I am trying so hard to be able to trust my dh because of lies about this stuff in the past but finding things like this make it so hard. Have you experienced anything like this?

momplus01

Asked by momplus01 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• My phone never does that and I have a Droid.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I know sometimes that happens to me on a computer...like pop ups and such. But i've never heard of it on a phone.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 11:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Yes, but the ads are for others games, dating sites, and the paid version of the app to get it without the ads. I just hit the contiune button and keep playing my game. How do you think the free apps are made available? Those advertisers pay to have the games free for you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I can see it happening once or twice, but if there is a consistency, then probably have a problem on your hands! Good luck!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 11:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• ~*YES*~... whoever had my 15 year old's number before him (he's had it two weeks) has this crap coming in on top of bill collectors wanting to know where James Stevenson is... I have to hop on his phone and explain the situation, new number, he's a minor, and please remove my son's number
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2011