Ok this is kind of weird asking a stranger but I am 12 weeks pregnant, when I get done being intimate I start to spot has anyone else had this problem? And is it something to worry about?

Not like red but like really light pink spotting after being intimate.

Brandy-Lee

Asked by Brandy-Lee at 4:35 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Health

• It happened to me a few times and I was told not to worry about it. I did wake up one morning with a pad full of blood though after sex the night before and was sent for an ultrasound. I had blood pooled up in my uterus for some unexplained reason. That was a cause for concern. I did have a healthy baby though. It really depends on how much you are spotting. I would call and ask the doctor just to be safe, but it happens to a lot of women and they have nothing wrong.
    Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 6:15 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I was told it was nothing to towrry about, it is normally just because the cervix is engorged with blood and therefore some spotting afterwards is completely normal. But if you're worried get it checked out by the doctor as I am obviously no doctor, but it does sound okay to me. If the level of blood increases then get checked out definitely though :).
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 6:32 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• if it comes to pregnancy and blood im paranoid.. so i would def. worry. and my OB always told me to come for a check-up if there is any sign of spotting.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:44 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• normal, and same with spotting after an internal exam from the dr.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• It's normal! It happened to me with both kids!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:58 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Yes, this happened to me too. It's normal. If it worries you, have your dh or so be a little more gentle during sex. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Dec. 14, 2008