For mothers that their kids had tubes or adnoids out

my 14 month dd got tubes in and her adnoids out and she was doing great till the other day she's been beyond cranky and nothing helps is that normal ???

AngelGrace0510

Asked by AngelGrace0510 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Kids' Health

• When did she have them out? If it's been less than 2 weeks, I wouldn't think she is just having some pain and that's normal. My son actually got strep a week after he had his tonsils and adenoids removed. She could also have an ear infection or fluids built up behind the tubes, it does happen. A call to the doctor may not hurt. Hope she feels better soon!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• My DD had her tonsils & adenoids out, and while her throat was healing she was getting crabbier and in more pain. We ended up taking her to the chiropractor and she was a whole new child - during surgery that had grabbed her around and worked so hard or something that she was really out of whack. She went from not sleeping and in major pain to sleeping 12 hour nights and not needing any more pain meds after just 1 adjustment.
    Anonymous