This question is for everyone...

I told a very Christian friend that I would cast blessings upon him (I am a witch). He got offended. I personally dont see a difference between that and praying for someone. The question is, would it offend you if someone who is a witch or even of another religion said that to you?

NightOwlMama

Asked by NightOwlMama at 5:15 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. I think good vibes is good vibes. So if one person wants to pray to Jesus and one person wants to pray to Buddha and another wants to pray to a Pagan goddess for me, I don't care. I guess because I look at it all being different paths, but not "wrong" paths, so I'll take whatever you want to send me - as long as it's "good". :)
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:17 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Personally I am christian and it wouldn't bother me because if you don't believe in anything of that sort then you know that it will do nothing. But I have a friend who is very anti-christian and he got offended when my friend told him that she would pray for him, like really peed off as he said ti was none of her business to do anything for him.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 5:50 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I suppose I could understand if it were from that point of view. But this person has offered to pray for me on many occasions.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 5:57 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Well i was christened but never really followed the belief, yes i belive there is a god so in a way i did follow the belive but just did'nt go to chruch etc. my auntie is a witch and she has never really said that to me so i can't react but i would not be offended
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 6:01 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• WHO KNOWS WHAT REALLY WORKS I WOULDN'T GET MAD AT ANYONE WHO WISHED ME WELL.
    SWAN923

Answer by SWAN923 at 7:41 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I would say it depends on the context in which you told him. If he told you he was going through something bad and you said you would cast a blessing for his well-being then no. It was a blessing of good health or a good life. If you two were in a disagreement and you said you would cast a blessing to "open his eyes" or so that he would accept your beliefs then YES as it is obviously only said out of spite!
    This applies to prayers as well!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:00 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I find it easier for my Christian friends to understand if I simply say I will pray for you, I will light a candle for you or I will send healing energy.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I hate when christians that know I am a witch say they will pray for me. I hate it! It's just anoying when people know I don't believe that way. It always feels as if I am supposed to be happy that they are going to pray to a god that I don't even believe in and make things better. I usually just blow it all off and don't say anything but it does bug me... But I don't make a big deal out of it. If I'm the one doing the blessing I just say something like I'll pray for you or I'll send blessings your way... I don't use the word cast or spell... People seem to act negativly towards them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:06 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I can see why he got offended honestly.Some Christians see witchcraft in any form as dangerous whether it's white or dark magic. According to the bible any form of witch craft is bad. To him it was more of a spiritual attack though you may have not known this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Nope, I'm Jewish and any good wishes or prayes or anything are good to me.
    dhhaj

Answer by dhhaj at 10:24 AM on Dec. 14, 2008