Where can I find a list of OB who take medicaid? I asked the lady at the office where I applied for medicaid, but she gave me a list of abortion clinics instead.

The doctor I am with doesn't even take medicaid as secondary insurance. So we are have to change.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just call around. Thats how I did it when I was young and pregnant. Get the phone book and look up OB/GYN's and start calling. If one says no ask if they can refer to a doctor who does. Usually they will.

Answer by gemgem at 11:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• they have a web site..its www. watever state your in medicade.com...and you can call around the local ob offices thy will tell you if they will except medicade as a secondary insurance
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Call Medicaid 1800 number they should be able to give you a list of doctors. Also at pregnancy crisis centers they handout information like that.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:51 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• If you are hunting for a new care provider you can expand your options (and enjoyment & safety) by including midwives.

Do you have preferences?
    You might first start by seeing what you want and then calling the care providers that can provide this.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Just because they perform abortions doesn't mean they aren't obgyns- most places don't just do abortions. Call them and ask them if they do pre-natal services.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 11:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Medicaid office.
    mookie862

Answer by mookie862 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Call the 800# on your card and they will help you out. Also, if you have an HMO for medicaid, call the HMO. You can also call the docs in your area and ask if they are currently accepting medicaid patients.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I was in this situation and needed a doc that wasn't from charity hospital and didn't work out of another local hospital. i called and called and CALLED till i found one that took medicaid AND worked out of the hospital i wanted to give birth in. also, i learned that the medicaid list is often outdated. it might say one doc butif you call you find out the doc dropped medicaid months ago. the best thing to do is call the office of the doc and just ask.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• yeah. you just have to call around to a lot of different offices. I was lucky to find one that offered a midwife. good luck!
    Also, try to contact the women's health office in the hospital- often calling the front desk will connect you to someone who doesn't know if the hospital will carry your insurance.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• There should be an 800 on the card/paper you have, call them and they can give you another number.
    or just call Doctors in the area and ask if they take it and if they are taking new patients.
    GOOD LUCK!!
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2011