Can you mail a folded, stamped piece of paper in the shape of a letter?

I have some invites to a party i need to mail out and was told by a friend I wouldnt need to put them in envelopes that i could just fold the invite in thirds place a stamp on it and mail it, any advice?

mylilboy00

Asked by mylilboy00 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Not sure, call the post office and ask. I would just put them in an envelope.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I would think so...they mail magazines ect.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 12:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I stick CDs in a paper sleeve, paper in that window with address inside showing out, and just a stamp... family videos of ours to extended family
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• yes you sure can......I don't know how well it would hold up in mail sorters. Them machines can be pretty rough on mail
    Cenedra64

Answer by Cenedra64 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Yes, you can fold a regular sized peice of paper in thirds, tape it shut, and stamp and address like an envelope. We do it all the time for our business. Working for the USPS, I know that a LOT of people besides us do it, lol. It's fine to do, but like cenedra said, they may get banged up in the sorters unless they pull them out and sort them by hand.
    Anonymous

• Yep you can. I wouldn't recommend it. Working for 23 years, I've seen a lot of damaged mail. It goes through the sorter so fast, one catch of the paper and it is torn up. You can pay extra postage for it to be non-machineable, that would work, costs a little more.
    CarrieR62

Answer by CarrieR62 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• You certainly can here in the UK. So long as the address is clear and the folded invite won't open up and bung up post office machine, go right ahead! x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 4:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• tape it up with a good sticker or small piece of tape.
    Put the address where it would go on an envelope..
    No problems! :)

Haha at first I thought u where trying to ask if you could mail a LETTER SHAPE folded in 1/2.. Like take the letter M & fold it in half & mail it .. Can you tell I have been spending a lot of time looking at Kids crafts & stuff?!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I believe you can I would call the post office just to be safe
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:21 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• IDK bumped ya
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2011