How do I get my child to stop throwing himself on the floor, whining and creaming?

My son(1yr) started throwinghimself on the floor and whining and screaming for no reason. Im not sure if it would be something else causing him to do this but I know I cant take much more all it does is make me cry because its so irritating and he just wont stop you dont even have to be around him and he will start screaming.. Please does anyone have any advice to help me out?

JoyLovesYouExOh

Asked by JoyLovesYouExOh at 12:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ~*Giggles*~... this was one I had to learn with my eldest son... "WALK AWAY", when you stop paying attention to it, they eventually stop because the attention is why they do it... good or bad... attention feeds the monster

Took me buying frosted cheerios, and the looks from those around me, to wake up
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I agree with above poster. He will only act out if there is an audience. If no one is watching he wont put on a show.lol
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 12:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Be consistent as to what is allowed and what is not and I agree that tantrums at this age should be ignored. Make sure he is getting the one on one time he needs with you and your SO. And plenty of attention and love.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 12:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• IGNORE HIM! lol. My two oldest have done this, and I ignored that type of behavior. They both stopped when I showed no concern. I'm just waiting for my baby to start this up, and I will ignore him too.
    MOMof3_28

Answer by MOMof3_28 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Walk away and ignore him, or look at him and say "not screaming loud enough" This is typical behavior. And any reaction from you, is what he wants, so don't react. Don't worry, this too shall pass
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Well, when my oldest son did that I would pick him up and tell him to stand up, and that worked for us.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 10:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2011