How do you wake yourself up in the morning?

I don't mean coffee, exercise, etc. I'm referring more to getting out of bed in the first place. It's just so darn hard! I always hit snooze about 4 times after my alarm goes off. But once I'm up, I'm practically raring to go! I don't want to wake up later because I love my mornings, it's the only time I get peace and quiet. Any tricks you all use?

cypressandsage

Asked by cypressandsage at 12:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Health

• The way I get up every morning even when Ive only had a few hours of sleep.. set your alarm clock for whatever time you want up put it away from your bed so you physically have to get out of your bed and walk to your alarm clock.. now your already out of bed so why not go to the bathroom... splash some cold water on your face rub some cold water on your so tired eyes and theyll pop right open and youll feel better.. take a shower first thing in the morning thats what wakes me up the easiest and using clean and clear facial brightening soap energizes your skin and makes you look and feel bright awake and ready to go you can get that at walmart for like 6 bucks :) hopes this help!
    JoyLovesYouExOh

Answer by JoyLovesYouExOh at 12:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Cell Phone... that is my alarm clock... lol
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• My alarm clock is across the room so I have to actually get out of the bed to turn it off (ok I hit snooze at least once) but I babysit in the morning so knowing my friend will be there in about 15 minutes wakes me up!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• my cell is my alarm clock, then my bladder
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• The cat gets me up so he can be fed
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 12:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• It's VERY hard to sleep when you have a 4 year old daughter talking your ear off and body slamming you at 6 in the morning (alarm is set for 7). Who needs an alarm clock when you have early birds for children? *sigh*
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Haha Rosehawk! Those are my weekends EXACTLY. On the weekdays though, I get up at 5:30 :)
    cypressandsage

Comment by cypressandsage (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• SOMEDAY (hopefully soon) my children will learn the joys of sleeping in!!!!! My 7 year old is getting there. He's such a bookworm though, he'll stay up half the night reading, then wake up early to read some more. It's my 4 year old though...............Maybe it'll get better in Sept when she starts a 1/2 day preschool.......

At least she's sleeping through the night, and I'm not dealing with a newborn that needs to eat every 2-4 hours anymore.......so things ARE (slowly) getting better.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I'm envious!  I naturally wake when it gets light, and at this time of the year, that's early.  Of course once I'm awake, I have to pee and once I'm up, I'm up.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2011