24 hour anxiety attack

I've been having an anxiety attack since I woke up...yesterday morning. Usually I can calm myself down within a few minutes but it's like I'm stuck. I've tried everything I know to do from breathing exercises to a cold towel on the back of my neck, nothing helps. Anybody know any tricks to calm nerves that maybe I haven't tried? I feel like I'm on the verge of exploding.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Health

• I have anxiety disorder. Try taking a Bendryl or two; it usually won't make you fall asleep because your body is so worked up to start with. Also consider going to the emergency room. I don't know how severe your attack is, but they can get very, very bad and you will need medical attention. Once my hyperventilating seized all of my limbs in this weird position that I couldn't move with all of my strength. Trust me, the emergency room will have the meds to calm you down!
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 12:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I have gone to the ER before when having an anxiety attack and I didn't realize it- I thought something was really wrong and I was going to die. They don't really address the problem that well, or at least they didn't for me. I wasn't diagnosed until 10 years later, and that was the best thing that ever happened to me. Do you have a regular doctor?
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• oh man ive had one in 4th grade, then in 8th, then a lot in college. panic attacks suck!!!
    luckily im prescribed klonopin it's what i KNOW will help, every time.
    i take them during a crises, you might want to consider seeing a psychiatrist
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2011