Best cheap dishwasher detergent?

I have tried powders and gels and they just don't seem to work well at all, so now I use those little pods that are powder plus a little dishwashing liquid on top. They work great, but are more expensive than I'd like. What do you use that's cheap and does the trick just as well?

cypressandsage

Asked by cypressandsage at 12:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• No matter what you use try adding jet dry to the washer in the little dispenser and your dishes will look much better after. I also use Lemon bright, it's a powder that gets rid of hard water spots, and it's all natural. I put it in the pre wash dispenser.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• We use Seventh Generation.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Use a rinse agent as well as your detergent.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I just use Finish and that works great, try a dishwsaher cleaner....mine gets nasty from time to time and then it's as good as new after cleaning it!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 2:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2011