Red wine while pregnant?

My fiance is deployed, but when he comes home for R&R, he wants me to have a glass with him. I know they say it's ok, but who actually drinks a glass or two weekly?

DavaneeKalei

Asked by DavaneeKalei at 12:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I never did. Why does he want you to? Tell him you are pregnant and would rather not.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• no amount of wine while preg is ok with me in my book
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I didnt' drink wine weekly when preggers. But in my last trimester I would enjoy a small glass of wine on occasion.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• weekly? i think thats too much. during my 2nd pregnancy i had a glass of sangria, "a" meaning one during an entire 9 month pregnancy.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• If you're not sure I would ask your doctor to make sure and that way he can tell you how much. Because alot of doctors do say it's okay but they tell you how much.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• It's totally fine to have red wine. I hear it's helpful and it doesn't cause any birth defects so long as you're not chugging it down every night. lol
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• My OB said a glass a week was OK but I had to sip it so I didn't get even the slightest bit tipsy.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• My hubby makes wine so its hard for me not to drink it every day. but once a week Ive been fine. it actually calms baby girl down when shes moving so much it makes me sick.
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Nobody knows how little or how much can effect the baby....why risk it? I would NEVER ever drink while pregnant and I would absolutely say something to a pregnant woman if she was drinking. To me, it says she just doesn't give a damn to give up drinking for only 9 months of her life.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 1:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• @ banana-bear i was thinking the same, why risk it? Yea he's been doing a lot of reading over there, but i don't think i will be
    DavaneeKalei

Comment by DavaneeKalei (original poster) at 2:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2011