Does your DH ever ask you to make a meal (vent)

and then not eat it?
i made him a breakfast burrito, his favorite! then didn't even touch it.
i even had to forgive him for waking me up and interrupting my dream to ask me to help him get breakfast ready for work. so i had to spend 10 minutes first to myself before i could even consider making if for him since he was being demanding about it! THEN he doesn't even touch it OR offer to put it away back in the fridge for later
i can't believe this. wen he practically woke me up and TOLD me to make breakfast (not ASK me if i could) i said "well without me you'd have to make it yourself" and he said "without you i'd go out and buy it" and i said "whats wrong with that" and he laughed.

im sick and tired of men EXPECTING women to make meals, however i do it because i'd feel less of a woman/provider for him if i didn't. WBU

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• That would piss me off. But I dont' have that issue. Hub wouldn't ever ask me too cook something special for him, mainly because he's a MUCH better cook than me lol. So if he wants something special then he cooks it lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• No my husband has never done that because he's not a selfish butthole.
    Anonymous

• If he makes he definitely eats it.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 1:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Mine wonders aloud what to eat... that's a very strong hint to me. lol
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• my biggest problem with that would be him waking me up. that's just rude and if it were me he'd have to deal with the consequences of an extreme non-morning person. i would tell him he's a big boy and he can make his own breakfast and to leave me the hell alone when i'm sleeping unless it's an emergency.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• My DH wouldn't have had to ask. I wake up before everybody to make breakfast. In our house cooking is my job.
    Anonymous

• exactly tnm786, like i said, i had to FORGIVE HIM FIRST for waking me up!
    now i have to forgive him again
    i had what i made and its delicious sheesh, bacon and everything
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I would be so pissed if mine did that. It wouldn't be about him waking me up or him asking me to cook for him- it would be the fact that he is wasting what I made! Very rarely do leftovers get eaten by my DH.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I agree with the first post, my wife skills are while not bad, but cooking is definatel not in my top 5. If DH wants something then he wil make it himself. I thought he was crazy one morning when he wanted me to try his "pot roast tacos" wich just consisted of post roast and veggies with a dab of sour cream and butter, yumm. Me I could never think of that. I would be a bear too, had my hubby woke me up, but hes not that brave very often! Hope all goes well with the forgiveness part of it!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 7:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• my husband loves food to much to do that:)
    Rydersmommy616

Answer by Rydersmommy616 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2011