What do you think is the best smelling laundry detergent & softener combo?

I think that regular Tide and Downy April Fresh smell good together but I am looking for a new, fresh combo to keep my nose happy while folding laundry.

superclutz

Asked by superclutz at 1:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Gain is my favorite.. so pleasant :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I use vaska, it has a light lavender scent and gain original for fabric softener, and gain dryer sheets. I love the way our clothes smell
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I'm not really sure about detergent - there are so many that smell so good, I think! My favorite is Arm & Hammer with Oxy because it leaves everything smelling so fresh and nice, and really eliminates all odors better than anything else, I think. I don't use fabric softener, I use dryer balls. They work great, and you don't have to keep buying them. They make you laundry soft like you used fabric softener, but you still get that great water absorption with your towels (unlike when you use fabric softener). They also "boost" the scent of your detergent. They are supposed to cut down on drying time as well, but I haven't really noticed a difference in that.
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 1:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I make my own so I add essential oils to make them smell wonderful. The last batch I made I added Lavender oil to, it was nice, but not awesome... I am trying to get some more Black Orchid oils - that is by far my favorite!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Tide with Febreze and generic brand lavender dryer sheets..We have the best-smelling laundry!
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 1:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• arm & hammer power gel with oxy...when i use that i dont need to use fabric softener.....but my fav fabric softener is snuggle!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I am allergic to tide. I use Sun detergent or Kirkland (Costco brand) and Downy Pleasures Lavender & Sandlewood (the purple bottle).
    AnAngelsKiss

Answer by AnAngelsKiss at 1:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Purex Free N Clear Laundry Detergent and Purex Lavender Fabric Softener
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• We use Melapower and Melasoft because I'm allergic to anything on the supermarket shelves (yes, even the free and clear stuff). LOVE the laundry room smell and anyone who comes over goes thru there and they seem to comment on the wonderful smell too.
    Mamabear-Shell

Answer by Mamabear-Shell at 3:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Cheer and Downy mountain fresh/breeze/air or whatever it is called.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2011